The Recreation Room ...

Recreation Room 2008

Originally built as a Primitive Chapel dating from 1836 this building is believed to have been used for recreational purposes since the 2nd World War. It was purchased in the 1970's by the Parish Council from Miss Nora Watson, a major benefactor to the village, and has been owned by them ever since, along with the Village Green and Spinney.

Today, it is well used for smaller functions, meetings and activities by various groups and businesses and sometimes used in conjunction with the nearby Green and Spinney. Ideally situated in the centre of the village, its facilities consist of a small function room with tables and chairs, a well equipped kitchen and toilets. The building was completely refurbished and redecorated in July and August 2008. There is a new facility of a projector and screen for which there is an extra charge.

The Recreation Room is currently available for hire includes full use of kitchen and equipment, tables and chairs. To check availability, cost and to book please contact the Caretaker details on noticeboard by village shop. For other information and conditions of hire please contact the Parish Clerk telephone 01427891118 email:send. For those using sat nav the postcode is DN10 4NL



For history of the Recreation Room please click here

www.beckingham-northnotts.org.uk
This website has been funded by:

logo logo logo logo logo logo
logo logo
logo Local Heritage Initiative logo logo
logo logo
Heritage Lottery Fund logo logo
logo Nationwide logo
National Lottery logo
Home  |  About Us  |  Links  |  Contact Us  |  Site Map