Village Post Office and Shop ...

Recreation Room 2008

Beckingham Village Shop and Post Office is situated on the village green at the junction of The Green and Bar Road North. The older part of the building is originally believed to be from 1835 and may have been two dwellings which can be seen from the two blocked up windows and doors. In 1889 it was used as a Reading Room and Library and is recorded in the Parish Terrier of 1913 as an Old Poor House. It has been run as a village shop for many years by several different people. The Post Office services were transferred there to the specially built annex, from elsewhere in the village in 1987.

Owned and leased by the Parish Council it provided a valuable service to the community. Including personal banking, payment of utility bills, fresh sandwiches, mobile top ups, greeting cards, newspapers and magazines, off license and Euros on demand, basic groceries and more. Sadly due to tenants being unable to find someone to take over the business both the shop and post office closed on 6th January 2019, until further notice


Click here for the history of the shop and post office.

www.beckingham-northnotts.org.uk
This website has been funded by:

logo logo logo logo logo logo
logo logo
logo Local Heritage Initiative logo logo
logo logo
Heritage Lottery Fund logo logo
logo Nationwide logo
National Lottery logo
Home  |  About Us  |  Links  |  Contact Us  |  Site Map